Bute Community Council is one of the first in Argyll and Bute to be given an emergency kit which will help if they need to implement their emergency plan. The kits include things like wind up radio, battery operated torches and foil blankets.
It comes after all community councils were given a handbook last year to help them prepare an emergency plan in case of an incident ( see good practice here). The plan includes details about people's roles and responsibilities, public safety information and key risks affecting the area. The handbook has been prepared by the council, Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, NHS Highland, HM Coastguard, Argyll Voluntary Action, Red Cross, WRVS, Scottish and Southern Energy and Scottish Power
The kit contains:
- 1 x emergency holdall to store all equipment
- 1 x incident controller armband
- 2 x AM/FM emergency radio
- 2 x LED torch
- 10 x LED head torches
- 1 x Compact megaphone
- 100 x Emergency foil blankets
- 10 x Safety whistles
- 100 x Hand sanitizer sachets
- 10 x Safety light sticks
- 1 x First Aid kit suitable for up to 100 people
- 50 x Disposable hand warmers
- 12 x Hi-viz vests with "community volunteer"
Golden numbers to contact Argyll and Bute Council in an emergency situation.