Emergencies can happen at any time. With a few small steps you can prepare your family, your home and your business for the unexpected things that can cause disruption to our daily lives.
Are you prepared for the kinds of things that can happen because of an emergency?
- Power cuts, or disruption to fuel supplies
- Loss of telephone communications or impact to online services
- Flooding, at home, or at your place of business
- Becoming stranded or severely delayed while on a journey in the car
- Evacuation from your home or business, either by yourself or by the authorities, or being unable to get into your home or premises
- Being confined to the indoors, at home, or somewhere else
- Unplanned separation of family members
You can find out more on preparing for and managing situations like these on Ready Scotland.
Click to find out more about...
Cold, snow and ice
Storms and strong winds
Rain and flooding