This learning journey about flooding in an economically less developed country focuses on Bangladesh. It considers the causes, effects and responses to flooding in ELDCs, contrasting these within a local and national context.
The learning journey is accompanied by the following five learner activities:
- Dominoes - This activity examines the physical causes of flooding in Bangladesh.
- Concept map - This activity explores the factors that affect flooding in Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh flooding - This activity looks at the similarities and differences in the human and physical causes of flooding in Bangladesh and the UK.
- Flood prevention - This activity considers flood prevention strategies that are used on a local, national and international level.
- Post office flooding - This activity focuses on flooding in a village called Prestbury and considers how the post office was protected from damage.