There is a lot you can do now to prepare yourself and your
family for emergencies and disruptive events.
Some straightforward, commonsense actions will stand you in good
stead in a wide range of situations.
- Create a household emergency plan to help you and your family
stay safe in all kinds of emergencies.
- Put together an emergency kit so you will have the information
and equipment you need to hand, whatever the situation.
- In an emergency you should call 999 and follow
- Think about carrying one or more ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact numbers on your
mobile phone or in your wallet or purse. This means that if they
need to, emergency responders like paramedics can contact people
who know you, and potentially get important medical information, as
quickly as possible.
- The free-to-download Ready
Scotland mobile app (for iPhone and Android systems) can
help you prepare for a range of emergencies.
- Follow Ready Scotland's advice on
protecting your home from severe weather and preparing for
the loss of