Flooding can happen at any time of the year, affecting your home, travel and work life, but you can help yourself by taking simple steps:

Advice on insurance is available from the Money Advice Service. The leaflets below contain further advice and information.

Who does what during flooding?

The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) is Scotland's flood warning authority. It provides flooding updates and advice on being prepared for flooding.

Be aware of who does what during flooding and severe weather events. Remember that while local authorities, national agencies and the emergency services all have a part to play, the person who can usually do the most to help you is you.

The Scottish Flood Forum provides support to those who are affected by, or at risk from, flooding. A range of factsheets are available on their website.

For further information, see the SEPA website.